Lyon-Martin Health Services has been an indispensable clinic here in the Bay Area since 1979. Sadly, they are facing closure unless they raise over $250,000. For those of you who have never benefited from the amazing services that Lyon-Martin provided, let me fill you in a bit.
As a culturally sensitive community clinic, Lyon-Martin has been a safe haven for queer women and transgender people. They provide a spectrum of services ranging from HIV testing, counseling, primary care, gynecologic care, transgender care, HIV+ care, breast health, and integrated behavioral health. They have provided care for little or no cost to make sure that those without funds do not go without care. Sadly, we have lost too many clinics in recent years. The Women’s Choice Clinic in Oakland closed its doors a few years ago limiting access to much needed services here in the Bay Area.
Those with alternative sexualities are welcome at Lyon-Martin. They don’t judge, they help support the health of the community. We cannot lose this resource. We cannot keep losing these resources.
There are so many ways to help support Lyon-Martin and we must do so quickly.
- You can buy a sexy pin-up calendar full of sexy models and activists.
- Send a donation via check to 1748 Market Street, Suite 201, San Francisco, CA 94102.
- Make a donation over the phone by calling 415-901-7131.
- Donate online.
- Come out to an awesome event this Sunday in San Francisco! I’ll be there! Ain’t no party like an activist party, you know.
- Check out the many efforts of the community to save the clinic here.
- Start your own event or fundraiser! Host a house party, do a silly dance, do something. Lyon-Martin needs help and they need help now.
- Show me your donation receipt and receive a free sexy 8.5 x 11 print from yours truly!
If you love the sexy things that we’re doing out here in the Bay Area, please help support an amazing clinic that helps keep us healthy.