- Amapô Channels David Bowie In Their Costumes Designed For Stardust
As a long time fan of Bowie, it was cool to see another artist examine his aesthetic and apply it to a new project.
- Spot Larry David and Michael Richards in an ABC answer to SNL in a sketch about the Time Warp from the 70s to 80s in “The Ronnie Horror Picture Show.”
A surprisingly good piece of satire for both the film and the times.
- GQ article on men and anorexia.
A compulsive and problematic relationship to the body is something that can’t be purely defined as a “feminine” problem.
- What Anti-Trafficking Advocates Can Learn from Sex Workers: The Dynamics of Choice, Circumstance, and Coercion
This article, along with The Village Voice, gives me hope that a more reasonable dialog about sex work and its discontents can be voiced.
- “Your vaginas might be important, but so are the lives that nobody seems to be grieving.” Feminism Abandoned Me
Vagina != Woman
- “It’s not really cool to say someone you don’t like ‘needs to get laid.’” over at XOJane by S.E. Smith
This is a phrase we need to retire and we forget that saying angry women need sex is a form of gender policing and part of rape culture. Pleasure politics are about access to pleasure NOT other people determining what pleasure looks like for you and how often you need it.
- How child molesters get away with it at The New Yorker
An analysis of assaults on children that has a lot of insight into how we turn our backs on any sexual assault.
- An open letter to journalists about interviewing sex workers from Tits & Sass
No, really, don’t ask or expect us to do your research for you for free. Seriously.
- The gospel of Jesus’ Wife? From NY Times.
I’m so into lost and forgotten gospels it’s not even funny. The politics around he gets canonized reveal a lot about why religious dogmatic thinking is fundamentally flawed.